Access : near the football ground, follow the road signs.
Open all year round upon request and for heritage days.
Visit in english.
The Block 3 is part of the Laudrefang Fortification of the Maginot Line. It is served by a crew of 285 men, and consists in 5 combat blocks, 4 of which are connected by a gallery 30 meters underground.
Since 2007, it has been restored by the Association for the Preservation of Petits Ouvrages Laudrefang and Téting.
The Block 3 isn’t connected to the rest of the fortification by an underground tunnel, and is its own independent 500m² fortress including an electric power plant, an air filtration room, facilities to support the day-to-day life of 285 soldiers, and a tunnel for machine-guns and many other weapons.
ASPOLT (the Association for the Preservation of Petits Ouvrages Laudrefang and Téting) restored the fortress to its 1940 appearance and publicised its rich and eventful history as it bore testimony to a baptism of fire in June 1940 when its crew of 67 men laid down their arms under the orders of the French high command.